UPDATE 2016-11-19: a new version of DAX Editor (2.0) is available on
The version 2.0 is published on Visual Studio Gallery and it is compatible with Visual Studio 2015 and the new compatibility level 1200.
You should download and use the version 1.6 from the downloads page if you want to use features not supported in version 2.0 and you are still using Visual Studio 2012/2013.
The DAX Editor an extension to Visual Studio 2010 and 2012 that makes easier to work with DAX.
- DAX syntax highlighting
- DAX formatting. Support for increasing and decreasing format depth using Edit->Advanced->Increase Format Depth or Decrease Format Depth
- IntelliSense support for keywords, functions, columns, and measures. Press Ctrl+Space to show IntelliSense.
- Autocomplete for keywords, functions, tables, columns and measures. Press Ctrl+Space to autocomplete.
- Syntax error reporting using squiggles/Error List
- Brace matching
- QuickInfo support in AutoComplete list that gives description of functions
- F1 help for functions & keywords
Installing, uninstalling, and usage information
See the DAX Editor for SQL Server v1
sections for details