The DAX Editor for SQL Server an extension to Visual Studio 2010 that implements a language service for the DAX language. The DAX language is the expression languaged used for SQL Server Analysis Services tabular models. This extension can be used when editing DAX queries and also for writing DAX measures.
This extension was written in C# and implements the language service using managed Babel.
- DAX syntax highlighting
- DAX formatting. Support for increasing and decreasing format depth using Edit->Advanced->Increase Format Depth or Decrease Format Depth
- IntelliSense support for keywords, functions, columns, and measures. Press Ctrl+Space to show IntelliSense.
- Autocomplete for keywords, functions, tables, columns and measures. Press Ctrl+Space to autocomplete.
- Syntax error reporting using squiggles/Error List
- Brace matching
- QuickInfo support in AutoComplete list that gives description of functions
- F1 help for functions & keywords
Installing, uninstalling, and usage information
See the DAX Editor for SQL Server v1
sections for details