DAX Editor failing to load after installing SP1

Nov 16, 2012 at 12:00 AM

Since installing SP1 I now get a warning message when starting SSDT saying that DAX Editor did not load. It suggeted running Visual Studio with the /log switch, but the only related information that it had in the log file was the following message:

CreateInstance failed for package [Microsoft.DaxEditor.DaxEditorPackage, DaxEditor, Version=1.0.1.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null]

Does DAX Editor have some sort of dependancy on a specific version of some of the SSAS dlls?

Nov 16, 2012 at 5:31 PM

Yes, DAX Editor needs a refresh in order to be consistent with SP1.  DLL dependency is easily fixed - there should not be any;  the bigger problem is that the way how measures are stored changed in SP1.  Before SP1 there used to be one MdxScript object with all the measure defined and DAX Editor can just edit this text.  Now every measure is in a special nested XML, and it has properties like table name and measure name.

I need to think how to change it so it works for both before SP1 measures structure as well as post SP1.  Hopefully I have something soon.

Apr 18, 2013 at 6:58 PM
Just following up. Loved the import from bim -> dax but appears to no longer be working... any update on post SP1?
Apr 18, 2013 at 7:03 PM
I am working on this now. No ETA at this point, but I will definitly add SP1 support + other features (query from DAX Editor, calculated columns editing and some other features).