The DAX Editor an extension to Visual Studio 2010 and 2012 that makes easier to work with DAX.
- DAX syntax highlighting
- DAX formatting. Support for increasing and decreasing format depth using Edit->Advanced->Increase Format Depth or Decrease Format Depth
- IntelliSense support for keywords, functions, columns, and measures. Press Ctrl+Space to show IntelliSense.
- Autocomplete for keywords, functions, tables, columns and measures. Press Ctrl+Space to autocomplete.
- Syntax error reporting using squiggles/Error List
- Brace matching
- QuickInfo support in AutoComplete list that gives description of functions
- F1 help for functions & keywords
Installing, uninstalling, and usage information
See the DAX Editor for SQL Server v1
sections for details