Building and debugging the DAX Editor
Prerequisites for building
Building and installing the DAX editor
1. Install all pre-requisites and download the source code.
2. Open DaxEditorSample.sln.
3. Build the project.
4. Go to the bin\debug folder.
5. Double-click DaxEditor.vsix. Accept the license and complete the installation.
6. Restart all instances of Visual Studio. Now the DAX editor is ready to use.
Debugging the DAX editor
You may modify the source code for the DAX Editor. As you are working, you can debug the DAX Editor using the experimental instance of Visual Studio. To ensure that your changes to the DAX Editor appear only in the experimental instance, and not all instances
of Visual Studio, you should start VS from the command line with appropriate arguments, like this:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio 10.0\Common7\IDE\devenv.exe /rootsuffix Exp